I usually love shopping on Black Friday. I scour the newspaper ads for all the things I need to get and then I make a "plan of attack." But this year I had pretty much everything taken care of, so I didn't have that much to buy on Black Friday.
I woke up early, exercised and then decided that I should at least give it a try. Courtney had to go with me, so at 7 a.m. we took off for Joann's, Walmart and Kmart. Joann's was crowded and the lines for forever long. I have enough flannel left over from last years purchase that I didn't feel the need to stand in line for hours getting more.
So we loaded back into the van and drove to Walmart. There wasn't a crowd at all and all the high ticket items were still there...in bulk! I was shocked. One cashier told me that the only thing they had run out of was the Leapsters. They even had Wiis left over and a bunch of huge TVs. I was shocked. We picked out a few items for people and then decided to run to Kmart.
At Kmart it was the same story. I couldn't believe it. We went in to see if they still had any EZ Up awnings left over. They were really discounted and I wanted one for camping, so we wouldn't have to borrow my parent's all the time. They had about 20 of them left over! I was shocked.
We went back home, I snuck out a few hours later and went back to Walmart for stocking stuffers, but everything was still there. Weird. But it was a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment