Thursday, April 28, 2011

3rd Grade Field Day

Today was Field Day for the 3rd through 5th graders. They walked to the high school so they could use the track there for the events. I wasn't planning on going but Ethan was kind of nervous because the field days for the K-2nd graders were at the school. So I told him I would try and drop by.

I drove across town on the donut/spare tire and got the van tire fixed (there was a "tiny pin nail") that caused it to loose air, then I bought a tie for Bryan to go along with Courtney's Easter dress (a story for another day), and ordered the flowers for Courtney's dance review (goes along with the story for another day). When I finished all that, I still had plenty of time before Kindergarten got out to run and see Ethan.

It took a while to find him because there were kids everywhere! But I finally found him sitting on the bleachers. He had finished his softball throw, long jump and 100 yard dash (which was supposed to be a 50 yard dash but he was so nervous he jumped into the wrong race). He said he did really well but they don't know the results until all the heats were completed. I asked if he wanted to go home with me but he wanted to stay at field day and hang out with friends.

I think he had fun and I can't wait to see what awards he won.


No comments: