Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Clothes Dryer

Monday morning I tried to do laundry but...the clothes dryer wasn't working right. I turned it and it made a horrible noise. I thought something may just be loose so I tried to take the back off to look at it. That is nearly impossible!!

After what felt like an hour trying to get the back off I decided to check the internet to see how much it would be to have a repairman come and look at it. (Note: We have had this dryer for a long time and it is old but it worked fine before.) I found out that it would be $65 to have someone look at it and then about $100 for parts (assuming it was a belt that needed to be fixed).

I went to craigslist.com and found a dryer for $65. That night after work we borrowed my parents trailer and went to LaVerkin to pick up our new-to-us dryer for $65. It is the same model as the dryer we had before this one (we swap laundry machines around in my family so I think my sister ended up with it but I'm not sure). After getting it all hooked up (thanks to Bryan!!) it works great and I only had to go without a dryer for the day.

I will be sad to see them haul this old one away but I am happy to have one that works.

The old dryer as I am attempting to open it up:

No comments: