You would think that, after the REALLY late night the kids had, they would sleep in. WRONG!! I don't know what it is about our kids but they get up really early all the time, but especially on the weekends. It's hilarious.
After putting them off and telling them to keep it quiet for a while, we got up and got ready for the day. We drove to the closest Trax station to the hotel and hopped on a train. We got to the Conference Center in time to see that there wasn't a way for us to get in stand by so we went over to the Tabernacle to watch the first session.
The kids did an amazing job at being quiet. I could tell they were getting tired and anxious to be out and running around but they were reverent and took notes in notebooks. It was fun. I was really excited to hear about the change in missionary age!
When the morning session finished, we booked it over to the mall for lunch. I was glad we had run as fast as we did because the lines got really long and the place was crazy!! But we ate and had plenty of time to walk around and get ready for the afternoon session. We had 2 tickets to get into the Conference Center for the Saturday afternoon session so Ethan and I were going. He was pretty excited, which surprised me because he was going to another 2 hour Church meeting. But he hadn't been to a live session and was excited.
Bryan took Courtney to the lawn by the Tabernacle to listen while I took Ethan inside. We were in seats on the 1st terrace, so we saw the side profiles of the speakers. But we were there and Ethan loved it. I was really glad.
Here was our view before it all began:
Bryan's brothers, David and Andrew, were in the session also but they were all the way on the other side. Bryan had 3 tickets to the Priesthood Session that evening, so we met up with David and Andrew after the session so they could all go to the session while I took the kids back to the hotel. Ethan had finished yet another book report and wanted Red Lobster, so we went to endless shrimp. I learned that Ethan's endless shrimp is just one extra plate full. Funny kid!
After dinner, I took the kids back to the hotel and we went swimming in a VERY COLD indoor pool. We watched TV until Bryan texted from the train to ask us to come and get him. It was a fun day!!


No comments:
Post a Comment