Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Lego Heads

A friend of mine called and had found the perfect Halloween costume that Ethan and Brennon (his best friend) could wear...Lego Mini Figures!!  She found it on pinterest and showed me the photo.  Ethan thought they were cute so...of course...Courtney thought they were cute also. 

Brennon isn't sure what he wants to be for Halloween but Ethan and Courtney decided to be Lego Mini Figures.  I went to work on their heads.  I found some trashcans with holes in them at the Dollar Store which had curved bottoms.  I used those and part of a pool noodle to make the heads.  I then used paper mache to cover over the garbage cans. 
 I primed them and then spray painted them yellow.  You can tell that it was my first time doing paper mache because they aren't as smooth as I would have liked them to be, but they turned out okay. 

I need to get some black see through fabric to put inside covering the eye and mouth holes so the kids can still see but can't be seen. And I need to make the bodies of the Lego Mini Figures but the heads were stressing me out so I'm glad they are finished. 

What moms go through for Halloween costumes!!

No comments: