Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Courtney's Piano Recital

After Ethan's played at his recital, we all booked it from Vista Charter School in Ivins to Snow Canyon High School in St. George (it wasn't too far actually) for Courtney's duet recital.  Her teacher usually has some theme for the recital and this year it was a BYU theme.  Everyone was supposed to wear BYU clothes or BYU colors to the recital.  We had BYU shirts so it worked out okay.

I was Courtney's duet partner and we had practiced the song until we had it really good....or so I thought.  Apparently I had been playing it wrong but her teacher didn't realize until the week after the recital.  But I still think we sounded good...except for the one mistake I made when I got distracted by someone moving around.  Oh well.  Courtney did a great job!

Here are all the piano students.  Courtney is in the front on the right of center.
Here is the video of her performance:



Grandma and Grandpa Pack had come from Colorado to see their recitals!!  So after the craziness of the recital day, they took us to Icebox for ice cream.  That was the highlight for Ethan!

No comments: