The Relief Society was in charge of the Ward's float for the 24th of July parade in Ivins. I knew I was going to be gone and I have new counselors so I tried to do it as simple as I could. I asked the sisters in the ward to send me the names of their pioneer ancestors who were women. There is a couple in the ward who do vinyl signs and embroidery. They called to ask if they could do the sign for me and I gladly said yes! So I gathered names and sent them to the couple while I was on vacation. A man in the ward offered to let us use his trailer and another man offered to pull it for us. I asked for volunteers of women who would be willing to dress up in pioneer clothes and ride it.
This is how it all turned out. It was super easy and I think it went well.
There were 7 of us (including Courtney) who rode on the float and threw candy. It was a quick and easy parade!
No comments:
Post a Comment