Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Dance Competition

Saturday was a dance competition for Courtney.  I hadn't seen their new lyrical dance so I was pretty excited.  It is to the song called "Oh, Sweet Lorraine."  I didn't know much about the song until Courtney explained it to me.  There was a songwriting contest and a 96 year old man entered a poem he had written for his recently deceased wife of 75 years.  It was amazing and was put to words and has sold millions of copies.  He won the contest.  If you want to know more about it you can watch this video from YouTube: "Oh Sweet Lorraine"

The girls do a wonderful job when they do this dance and I cried.  Courtney is on the right hand side in the front but she moves around.  She is the one they lift.  Sorry the video isn't the best but I will take a better one at another competition or at her end of the year review.



Here are the Jr. All Starrz waiting for the results of their jazz dance.  Courtney is the second from the right.


No comments: