Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wonder Woman

The Jr. All Starrz are doing a character dance this year.  Courtney came home last month and said we had to get her a Wonder Woman costume.  We didn't want to buy it because you never know how the costume is going to fit so we sat down to figure out what to do.  We came up with the idea of getting a red dance leotard and making a blue skirt out of swim suit material. I Googled how to make the costume and got a lot of great ideas...that didn't really work.

I bought a sheet of yellow duct tape and cut out the Wonder Woman logo to put on the leotard.  It worked great and we took the picture below...right before the logo came off.  For being duct tape, it wasn't really that sticky.  I also had to figure out how to make the crown.  I finally came up with the idea of using gold sparkly paper and attaching an elastic to the back of it to keep it on her head.  I used the leftover elastic to make the bracelets too.

But I was really worried about the logo because it won't stay on.  Then I remembered that the people around the corner do embroidery and vinyl out of their house.  After a quick call to them they had the leotard and promised to get it back to us the next morning.  They did a great job!!

I can't wait to see her superhero dance.

Here is her costume with the duct tape.  (Ignore the mismatched socks, that's just Courtney.)


No comments: