Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Popcorn Boy

Ethan needed community service hours for his Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge and I needed someone to pop a TON of popcorn for the fun run.  So it was a win-win situation, I think.  A local orthodontist donated the use of his popcorn machine along with all the supplies for our run.  At our meeting we decided it would be easiest if we had all the popcorn popped before the run so we wouldn't have to worry about popping it when people were finishing the race.  So I took the machine home so Ethan could pop the popcorn.  FOUR HOURS later he and Bryan had popped all we needed, put it into bags and put the bags in boxes so we could take it to the school the next day.  I'm sure Bryan and Ethan ate their fair share of the popcorn.  I am sure our neighbors were wondering what was going on at our house because it smelled so good!

Ethan wasn't a very happy camper when we finished, it was a lot of work, but he racked up some hours for his merit badge.


The secret is in the salt!

No comments: