We parked at Town Square and walked over to pick up her shirt and her number. I was a bit peeved when they asked her to put her name on her bib because it's just a kidnapping waiting to happen. I know that the Ironman competitors all have their names on their bibs but it is dangerous to have kids names on there. But she wanted to so I reluctantly let her.
Then we sat around watching everyone while we waited for the race to begin.
When it was time to begin they took the kids running the 400 to their starting line and had the kids running the mile wait by the fence to watch. They have the short run go first.
When the little kids were done they had all the 1 mile kids line up and get ready to go. Never once have I seen Courtney run by at the start. It's so frustrating and each year I promise myself that I will spray paint her hair orange so I can see her but I never do. ;) So I missed her start but I went down to the gates on the side of the chute towards the finish line to watch her. It was so fun to watch all the kids come in and hear the announcer tell them "You are an Iron Kid!" They are all so happy!
Courtney rounded the corner and she looked like she was holding her side. When she saw me she kicked it into gear, dodged around some kids and finished strong. And I heard the announcer say "Courtney, you are an Iron Kid!"
Here is the video:
Then she got her medal and her popsicle and we went home. It was fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment