Monday, May 4, 2015

Tooth Fairy

Now, if you have young children you shouldn't let them read this post until you have because there are spoilers in it.

Courtney's teeth came in late so it has taken forever for her to start loosing teeth.  She lost on the other day that she has been working on for at least a month.  It was driving her nuts and she just wanted to the tooth out.  She was hallway monitor at school and, apparently, she had nothing better to do than wiggle and tug on her loose tooth.  Well, it came out!  She got a tooth fairy envelope from the office and brought the tooth home.  She was so excited.


Courtney put the tooth under her pillow in the tooth fairy bag.  She let me know that it was under there and then mentioned how she hopes the tooth fairy comes on the first day because sometimes she is far away and doesn't get to our house for a few days.  (Yes, it's true!)  I figured at this point that she probably suspected that we were the tooth fairy but I wasn't positive.

The next morning we realized that we hadn't taken care of the tooth fairy.  Bryan went into her room to exchange her tooth for money.  He came back just laughing.  He said that when we walked in Courtney sat up, mumbled something, laid back down, rolled over and went back to sleep.  But he couldn't find her tooth, he only found a note.  He opened the note and it said something like, "Dear tooth fairy, Instead of giving me money why don't you buy me a cell phone battery from Amazon for my cell phone?  Thanks, Courtney"

We about died laughing.  See, Courtney bought his $1 cell phone from a garage sale and she is bound and determined to buy a battery for it because she is sure it will work if it just has a battery.  Think again sister!

So I went in her room after the tooth and to deposit the money.  I went in, put my hand under her pillow and couldn't find the bag.  I went back in our room and asked Bryan if he knew where she had put it.  He didn't so I crept back in her room...for the 3rd time.  When I got in there, with the 50 cents in my hand, she popped up and said, "HI."  I jumped and she thought she had won the lottery.  She told me that she knew we were the tooth fairy and wondered what we thought of her note. I held out the two quarters and said, "I need to put this under your pillow and take your tooth."  She said, "Okay, but it was worth a try."

So now we know that Courtney knows we are the tooth fairy.  It was a pretty funny morning!  She told us that she had been awake the entire time.  Sneaky girl!

No comments: