This has been a rough year for me because it's full of "lasts" for our family. This is Courtney's LAST year in elementary school. It was her LAST Halloween parade and LAST Halloween party at elementary. Sniff, sniff...
Courtney decided months ago that she was going to dress up like an "80's girl." I told her I could help her with that but she didn't believe me at all. She kept telling me I needed to look it up to see what an 80's girl looked like. It took quite a while to convince her that I WAS an 80's girl!
We went through her closet and, amazingly enough, found almost all the items she needed for her costume. She was going more for the punk look and a lot of 80's things are coming back in. She had a neon shirt, stretch pants (remember stirrup pants?) and some crazy socks. I tried to convince her to do slouch socks and layer them but she said there was no way we really dressed like that. If only she knew!
She let me crimp her hair and put it in a side ponytail. She wouldn't let me do the big bangs but I nailed the hair otherwise. We even found blue eye shadow!
Courtney's friends decided to be 80's girls too. They turned out cute.
This is her last Halloween parade.
She was off to party!
No comments:
Post a Comment