Some of the neighbors wanted to do a potluck dinner on Halloween to celebrate and get the kids together so they could go trick-or-treating together. So I made some clam chowder and corn bread to share. It was a great turn out and we had a lot of fun sitting around with our friends. Ethan stayed for a while and then decided to go home to give candy to the trick-or-treaters that came to our door. Courtney was all about the party. She stayed for a long time playing and then grabbed Cameron and they went out to get candy.
We had a section of our ward that is older retired people. One woman mentioned to me that they were afraid no one would trick-or-treat to their subdivision because they didn't know many people so I made sure to pass the info around that there would be great treats in Desert Rose subdivision. Courtney and Cameron made their way there first and got a lot of loot!
I went home and we watched our annual tradition of "Ghostbusters" while answering the door. I took over for Ethan after a while because he was getting tired of getting up and down with his crutches. There were some cute costumes and some creepy ones.
Courtney came home with a ton of candy and started separating it for the Halloween Fairy and for her. I couldn't believe how much she got! I love when Halloween is on a Saturday.
Here is her 80's rocker look. Everything was from her closet. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment