Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My week in Texas

I got to go to Texas for a week to help Lisa and Mike's family.  It was rough...I got to cuddle and feed Bennett, play blocks with Tyler, color with Ally and play Minecraft with Carter.  ;)  I got to hang out with Lisa and Mike and Julie (after she arrived).  It was a great week and I am so grateful to my family for holding down the fort so I could go.





I couldn't resist taking a picture of the Hummer limo that picked up kids from the elementary where Carter and Ally go.  

Texas has some hilarious traditions.   Case in point: Homecoming Mums.  Here is all you need to know about it: Mums explained and explained again... I was there the week before Homecoming so Lisa and I saw all the displays of things at Hobby Lobby that you can put into your Mum.  I bought cowbells there so we could ring them at Ethan's next bike race.  Yes, cowbells can be part of the mum.  And we saw a girl leaving a store with a boy's version of a mum.  I loved it!!

No comments: