Monday, November 21, 2016

I still got it!

Courtney has been taking a keyboarding class at school and was so excited that she has increased her words per minute.  It made me think about the time I won a hotel stay with a typing contest.  I won by typing 93 wpm.  I was curious to see how fast I type now (18 years after that contest).  The kids helped me find a typing test online so they could see if I really type that fast.  They had serious doubts that I could actually type 93 wpm.

I won't lie, I was nervous because, although I type a lot during the day, I wasn't sure I was still as fast as I used to be.  I was absolutely correct, I don't type the same speed I used to....I type FASTER!!

Yup!  I still got it!!

My typing speed was 106 with 7 errors (93% accuracy)  for 99 wpm.  (I printed the report out so I would have it as proof.)

The kids were speechless and, honestly, so was I.  😲

No comments: