Monday, November 21, 2016

Youth Conference

We got approval for the location for youth conference and the youth committee decided they need to take a trip to "check the place out."  I got approval from the Stake Presidency, call the owner and got everything arranged.  We left the Stake Center on Saturday around 9:15 a.m.  There were only 2 leaders and 6 youth, so we fit all in one vehicle.

It was a fun drive up to Brian Head and the roads were fine.  We met the owner at their rental shop and loaded into her 4x4 to get to the lodge.  It had snowed so the road was closed.  Her husband had plowed the road so we could get up there.  We got to the road and she tried to engage the 4 wheel drive but we don't think it really engaged because we were sliding all over the place on the way up.  We even slid and hit a rock.  The other leader and I were so nervous because we had 6 youth with us!

But we made the 3 miles just fine and got to this amazing lodge.  It was like glam-ping!  They have a bunk house, hotel, 12 cabins and 12 yurts (that are super nice).  The youth were so excited after seeing everything.

The best part is that the people have a pet deer...yes, I wrote that correctly.  They have a pet deer named "Thunder" that thinks it's a dog.  If you didn't pay attention to it, it would nudge you until you would pet it.  Crazy!


On the ride down the mountain the 4 wheel drive was engaged so we didn't slip but I was still nervous.  We made it home safe and sound and now the kids are so excited for youth conference.  I think that was a the best idea they have had so far!

This is the website it case anyone wants to see where we will be:  SML Resorts

No comments: