Friday, October 27, 2017

Honda CRX si

It's October!  That means that the CRX needs to have an inspection and it's registration renewed.  That also meant that we had to get it working so it could be inspected.  I resigned myself to needing to have it towed to the garage.  But when the man came to tow the car, he opened it up, looked at it, and then told me how to fix it ourselves.  It was really easy.  We had to change a blown out fuse, get the battery recharged and filled with water, and change the negative clamp to connect the battery.  Ethan was able to do it and I was able to show him how to change a battery and stuff.  It was a lot of fun.

After we got it working, Ethan had me drive it to the front of our house and then he wanted to try driving it.  I gave him a quick lesson on how to drive a manual and then we were off...with a huge jerk.  He made it to the end of the street and stopped at the stop sign before saying he wanted to go to a parking lot to drive instead of on the streets.  So I drove to Harmon's where we filled the tires with air before going to the Church parking lot.

Ethan did really well.  He killed it a few times and he had a couple brain lapses where he forgot about the clutch, but he did well for his first time.  He got the hang of it and drove us home.

However, after driving it for a few days, I went out to start it and it made some crazy loud noises (like it was going to blow up) and now I can't get it to start.  So we may have to get it towed anyway.  But at least we got it working long enough to get the inspection done!

No comments: