We drove down on Sunday afternoon which was a HUGE mistake! We didn't remember that traffic would be horrible outside of Vegas until we hit it and it took hours to go a few miles. Ugh! We finally got to our hotel near the park after 8 p.m.
I went to the office to check in, was given a key, and we grabbed the bags to go to our room. I put the keycard in the door, opened the door, and realized that the room was already occupied! I hurried and backed out then went to the office for a new room. Courtney wasn't very happy about it and kept saying the hotel was "sketchy." I told her that she didn't know the meaning of a sketchy hotel but that we could find her one if she wanted to see how sketchy they could get. ;)
When we finally got settled in our hotel room, Bryan and I walked to Disneyland to get our tickets. I had bought our tickets months before (right before the price hike and on sale, so we scored!) but we needed to trade our vouchers for actual tickets. We waited in line and got our tickets. The nice lady showed me how to get our tickets lined to the app on my phone and then explained a bit more about MaxPass (which is AMAZING).
We all slept well that night but got up early so we could get to the park early. We were only going to be there 2 days so we went to Disneyland on Monday and California Adventure on Tuesday. We waited in line, got into the park, and then I bought the MaxPasses for our tickets while we waited in Tomorrowland for the park to officially open. Then we were off!
It was an amazing day! Between the MaxPass and the RideMax program I had used (which planned our day for us to minimize wait times) we rode everything we wanted multiple times by 11 a.m.! We went on Star Tours a few times (with Ethan finally being the rebel spy), Space Mountain a couple times, Astroblaster a few times, Autopia, Matterhorn (which was finally open when we were there, that's the first time the kids have ridden it), Pirates of the Carribean, and the Haunted Mansion (where they really don't give out death certificates, we asked). The weather was perfect and it was beautiful in California!
Ethan got stopped at security each time we went in and out because of his belt. We went on rides in the morning, went back to the hotel for a swim, a nap, and lunch. Then we went back to the park in the afternoon and again in the evening. It was a relaxing time and the park wasn't too crowded.
This was the second time for Space Mountain and the kids went alone.
This was the first time on Space Mountain and we went with them. This isn't my favorite ride in the park but I had to go once with the kids.
Courtney got through Autopia quicker than we did so she waited for us on the bridge.
Waiting for Star Tours to begin. This is our favorite ride but Bryan gets a bit motion sick on it so he waits outside for us when we ride it multiple times.
I don't know what was happening in this photo but I'm sure it was funny.
Courtney and her mouse ears.
Our hotel was only 3 blocks from the main entrance so it was really nice to go back and forth.
Ethan helping his sister out by giving her a piggyback ride!
Bryan got a TON of comments on his shirt and a lot of high 5s from dads all over the park.
The pool was really cold! Bryan told Courtney he would pay her if she would jump in. She actually did it! I think it was $10 but I can't remember for certain. Here is the video he took of her jump. I felt the water with my feet and it was way too cold for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment