Thursday, September 27, 2018

Male model

Ethan has been getting harassed at Church because he doesn't have a suit coat.  Not really, there's just peer pressure to wear one so he asked if we could get him one.  I spent all day studying up on sales and how to fit a suit coat correctly.  I had pages of notes and had found sales in our area for suits.  So I took Ethan over to Kohl's with me to see if we could find something.

I should have known that nothing would fit when I took his measurements.  Usually, when measuring for a suit coat, you measure the chest, subtract 5 or 7 inches from that measurement and you have the waist for the pants.  Ethan is the SAME MEASUREMENT for his chest as for his waist.  I knew I was in trouble.  We tried on the jacket I thought would be his size and then checked for fit.

The jacket should have 1/2 inch between the top button and your stomach.  Ethan had at least 6 inches.  The sleeve should stop between your wrist and the top joint of your thumb.  Ethan had at least 3 inches before it even got to his wrists.  And the jacket should sit (at the back) at the bottom of your bum cheeks where your legs begin.  Ethan's barely reached the top of his bum.  And the suit coat (at the side) should reach the bottom of your fingertips.  Ethan had a whole hand before it would reach the bottom.



After laughing and taking this picture, where he is modeling the jacket the same way the guy in the ad was...



he tried on a "L" size because the sleeves and jacket length are supposed to be longer.  Nope, didn't work.  And they didn't have an "XL" that we could try, although I'm sure that wouldn't have helped because he is too skinny for those. 

Meanwhile, I am trying to seriously find him a jacket and Ethan is finding the most obnoxious pink tie in the store to put on over his shirt.  When I had another jacket for him to try on, he had the tie tied around his neck (nicely, by the way) and then we put on the jacket.  We were laughing so hard.  I was about to take a picture when another kid and his mom came around the corner and Ethan quickly, but cooly, took off the tie so he wouldn't look goofy.

Now, we have to take him to a specialty store to have him fitting for a suit because it's obvious that we won't be able to find one off the rack for him.  But it was so much fun looking!

No comments: