It's that time of the year again...when all the club teams have their tryouts. Courtney was staying on the same team but had to still go through the tryout process. It was held on Tuesday and Thursday then they were told the results on Friday. She had a couple of friends who were also trying out so she was excited.
Courtney made it and so did Sammie. They will be on the same team again, which they are pretty excited about. I didn't get to go to tryouts because Sammie can drive and having your mom drop you off is just too uncool.
Courtney was sweating it on Friday though. Her friends had gotten their acceptance emails to the team but she hadn't. We waited and then I asked the coach when they were coming. He said that there had been a glitch in the system but that they were sending the emails again in about 30 minutes so to check then. After an hour, we still hadn't heard and Courtney was pretty upset. I told her we would wait a couple more hours and then text the coach again.
Three hours later we still hadn't heard anything so I asked the coach if they were still having a glitch with their system. He said they were but that Courtney had made the team. I thanked him and let her know so she would relax. That night, we finally got the acceptance email and everything was fine.
They start practices with the new team next week and it will be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment