Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Ethan's Birthday!

It's p-day and also Ethan's 19th birthday!!  We were excited to be able to talk to him on his birthday but...Monday night he messaged me to say that they had a general authority in their mission that week and p-day was moved to Friday.  But he still had permission to call and talk to us.  I was glad.

He called and we had a good chat with him.  He just got transferred so we got to hear about his companion and his new area.  He is doing really well.

Then he got to open his birthday package.  I was nervous that he wouldn't get anything on his birthday and I was also unsure about transfers, so I sent him his birthday party in a box early so he could have it.  I was glad I did when he got transferred because then I didn't have to worry about it not getting to him.

He opened his box and it was fun to see his face.  I put in a cake mix, frosting, sprinkles, candles, party hats, a pinata with candy, a bat to hit the pinata with, balloons, an air pump, treats (cosmic brownies and Red Vines), and a lego birthday cake kit from Courtney.  He loved it all.  I think he was most excited about the Lego because it wasn't too long after our call ended that he sent me pictures of the finished product.  He said it was weird because he hasn't touched Legos in 10 months but he loved it.




It's weird to think that Ethan is now 19 years old!!

No comments: