Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Balloon animals

I have a UX Design class (user-centered design) at Utah Tech and it has been a tough class. Considering it is only the second month of the semester, that's not a good thing. I think our professor could tell that we weren't happy with the class so she did something different. She had us make balloon animals using the instructions included in a kit. We had to work with another student. One of us made the animal using the "think aloud" process (where we described everything we were doing and thinking during the process) while the other person took notes and prompted us to keep talking if we ever went silent.

I was assigned to make the balloon animal - which ended up being a dog. The instructions were obviously translated from Japanese so they didn't always make sense but I was able to get a kind of normal-looking balloon animal out of it.

Needless to say, we all got a good laugh out of the process and it was a good break from all the craziness that was the class so far.  The scariest part of the assignment was worrying that I would pop the balloon as I twisted it. The professor told me I couldn't pop the balloon but another student did, so I don't trust her anymore. haha!

I never thought I would be making balloon animals in my masters classes.



No comments: