Saturday, February 3, 2024

Rose Bush

A little bit of information can be dangerous. I saw an advertisement for a free seminar on how to prune bushes, trees, etc. at Star Nursery. I signed up and went, along with 120 other people. It was crowded, the space was way too small, and you couldn't see what was being demonstrated, but I got a booklet with all the information. So I ate my donut, drank my chocolate milk, and left early.

I was excited because it was time to trim rose bushes, at least in Southern Utah. So I grabbed my trimmers and went to it. Unfortunately, the rose bush didn't want to be trimmed and it fought back. I wore two pairs of gloves (one gardening and one heavy-duty) and the thorns still got through. I wore a long-sleeved shirt and long pants and my arms and legs still had cuts all over them. But I won! The rose bush was trimmed. Now I am hoping I didn't kill it because I cut it back really far.


 

No comments: