Courtney mentioned that she hasn't had any of my cake since her birthday in August. So I decided to be a fun mom and send the kids some cakes in a jar for Easter. I heard about this from a missionary mom when Ethan was on his mission but I never tried it. I found the instructions online and tried it. It worked great...until the next morning when I realized that the bottom of the cake had liquified. Ugh. They looked fabulous and the toothpick came out clean when I baked them but the steam that is trapped inside when you seal the jars made the bottom liquid. I tried doing it a second time with another batch but it did the same thing.
I decided to send them anyway and the jars made it through the mail to the kids (except I think they both had one that was broken). I sent frosting too and Ethan mixed the frosting with the liquid cake and said it was good. Courtney and Charlotte ate the tops with the frosting and threw out the liquid part. I don't know if I'll ever do it again but it was fun to try.
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment