Friday, March 29, 2024

Manti Temple open house

We got tickets to go to the Manti Temple open house and I was so excited. This is where I went for baptisms when I was a teenager, where I had my endowment when I was preparing for my mission, and where Bryan and I were married. My ancestors helped build the temple and my grandparents were called as temple workers there in the 1970s. So I have a lot of history with the temple and was excited to see it.

In June of 1985, I was at the rededication when they did the last remodel so it was fun to go through again with this remodel. They mainly updated the structural integrity so it would withstand earthquakes and they put in media components to take the temple from live sessions to film sessions. It was beautiful (although I was a bit disappointed because I expected a huge change like the St George temple and it wasn't a huge change) and I really liked being there. 

I had seen posts about long lines and how horrible it was even when you have tickets, so we decided to go first thing in the morning and be there as close to 8 am as we could. We got up really early and drove to Manti, which had SNOW! We got in line and it wasn't a very long one, so we were lucky. There were a lot of people but the stand-by line was the long one at that point. Later in the day, when it was time for our actual tickets, the ticket line was down the hill and around the front of the temple so I am very glad we weren't when we did.










No comments: