Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ethan's Field Trip

Ethan had a field trip today to the St. George airport and a fire station. He wanted me to go along so I took Courtney over to my parent's house for the morning. I was in charge of 4 kids. When everyone was assigned to a parent, we loaded on the bus and got ready to go. On the way to the airport, Ethan and one of his friends began singing. Soon everyone was singing. Ethan's teacher is very into singing in the classroom and the kids love it. Here's a video of them singing. The bus is pretty noisy with all the kindergarteners, but you can still hear them. The song is called "I like school and school likes me."


We were at the airport for a long time. It was planned for us to be there only about 45 minutes, but it ended up being over an hour. We rode on the baggage cart for a tour of the runway. Then we were taken through the metal detector and a man talked about airport security.


We left and went to the fire station. The fire station is one near our house so Ethan was happy to be close to home. One of the firefighters got dressed in her equipment while the kids watched so they wouldn't be afraid of a firefighter. Then the kids got to shoot the fire hose, dress in fire fighting equipment and sit in a fire engine. Ethan loved it!


Then we loaded back onto the bus and went back to the school. We were about 30 minutes late, but the kids loved it. Ethan was pretty tired when we got in the car to run and pick up Courtney. I'm glad I went because it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

This looks like such a fun day! I am sure that Mom and Dad had fun with Courtney too.

Sandy said...

What a fun field trip!