Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Garden

I'm posting pictures of my garden although it's really not impressive. Last Fall I planted lettuce and peas. My peas did great. I was still picking peas around Christmas. But the lettuce never came up. A few months ago I noticed what I thought were weeds coming up in the garden boxes. The weeds ended up being lettuce plants. So that was cool. The tomato plants are all plants I bought, along with the peppers and squash. But the shallots, brocolli, watermelon and peas are all from seed, so I was pretty happy. Hopefully I'll get some food from the garden. I'm waiting for my corn to come up. Last year the corn didn't do very well, but I'm hoping for a better bunch this year.


Photo 1 is of the lettuce and zuccini. Photo 2 is of my watermelon plant. Photo 3 is of the pea and tomato plants. Photo 4 is of tomato, pepper and cucumber plants.


2 comments:

Jason said...

Nice garden! The only thing I can grow in Vegas is dust. Just kiddin'. We have blackberries that grow like weeds.

One question for Bryan regarding Ethan's recent growth spurt. Linebacker or running back?

Sandy said...

You're so lucky to be able to plant your garden already!! We're still a month or so off from last frost here. We had REALLY great success putting lettuce in self-watering planters last year - it does better and isn't as bitter if they're kept constantly moist.