Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hill Air Force Base

On the way to Montana, Ethan noticed an airplane museum. We told him that we would have time on the way home to stop, so we did. It was the Hill Air Force Base Aerospace Museum. I had no idea it was so large or so cool.

Inside they had a lot of airplanes, helicopters, photos and items from all the different wars where planes have been used. It was neat to see everything and learn some new things. Ethan loved sitting in a real pilot's seat.

Courtney loved the planes but the helicopters were her favorites. She also is fascinated right now with fires so she searched out a fire engine that was in the building which showed how fires are put out on airplanes.


We stayed at the museum for a little over an hour and then we were homeward bound. Bryan doesn't like driving on trips because he gets so tired and I have a hard time sleeping because I'm nervous that Bryan will fall asleep. The solution we have found is to just have me drive. Bryan fell asleep at Bountiful and woke up in Fillmore. Yeah, he was asleep a long time! But I was fine driving and the kids were sleeping or watching movies. We were very happy to get home but now the chore is to unpack everything.

We had a blast at the reunion!

No comments: