Thursday, February 5, 2009

How long will it last?

Our morning routine is pretty simple. Ethan and Courtney wake up REALLY EARLY. While they eat breakfast, I make Ethan's lunch and get his backpack ready for school (hang it on the door, etc.). Ethan then practices the piano followed by Courtney practicing the piano (she doesn't do anything but open books, bang the keys and then close the books, but she's in the habit now). We then read scriptures, Ethan brushes his teeth, put on shoes and then proceeds to check the clock every minute until it is 8:15 and he can go outside to wait for the bus. Courtney always insists that we go outside with him so she can play with the big kids. They all put their backpacks in a line (including Courtney) so they have their place saved. Oh, our house is the bus stop so it makes for a wild morning. When the bus rounds the corner, every kid at the stop yells "BUS!!" and dashes for their backpacks. They then file onto the bus. Courtney calmly walks to where her backpack was left on the sidewalk and puts it on her back.

Now here's the part I'm wondering how long will last. When Ethan gets on the bus, he always gets a window seat facing our house and proceeds to wave and blow kisses to Courtney and me as we watch the bus drive away. It's really sweet and really makes my day and I know it makes Courtney feel special. But I'm wondering how long he will stay in his sweet mode where he doesn't care if his friends know he loves his mom. But I'll take it as long as I can get it!! He's such a great kid.

3 comments:

Christy said...

That is sweet. I have heard a rumor that some boys don't ever grow out of loving their moms and I am holding out that it is true. What a sweet boy you have!

Michelle Pack said...

I hope you are right!

The Moore Family said...

Your kiddo stories are so amazing. I feel like I am reading "leave it to beaver" and then you go to my blog and it is reality TV on how NOT to be a mother. :)