Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's all about the shoes!

Courtney has always loved shoes, since she was a baby. She has been struggling with napping lately (she still needs one!) and the other day I decided to try a trick that worked when she was a baby. She had been crying for over an hour that she didn't want to nep. She kept coming out to tell me "something" and then going back in her room. Finally, I told her it was time for her to sleep and then I put shoes on her. It did the trick. There is something about her having shoes on that gives her comfort and lets her settle down. She slept for over 2 hours!

Last Wednesday we went to dance class and she was really struggling. She kept telling me she was tired and that "I just can't handle this right now." I suspected that her shoes may have been too tight so I asked her teacher to let me try some a size bigger. We put them on her and she was in HEAVEN. She had no problems dancing after that. Apparently it was all about the shoes.

2 comments:

Christy said...

You definitely have a girly, girl on your hands. Ahh, the tricks we have to learn in order to keep order. Hey, which Photoshop program do you use? I have been meaning to ask you.

Michelle Pack said...

I use Photoshop Elements 7. It's great.