Thursday, May 7, 2009

Camp Kick-Off

We had our Camp Kick-off activity last night and it was GREAT!! The 5th and 6th year girls have been planning things for us and they really pulled through last night. We have been teasing the girls with little details about camp but never giving them the whole story. Last night we gave them more details and then we had a "day at camp." The assistant camp director and I decorated the Relief Society room like a forest with things that are going to be at camp, like a tepee, swimming pool, camp fire, dutch oven food, certification displays, etc. It looked really good and was a lot of fun.

I did a little introduction about camp and told them more details and then the assistant camp director went over camp rules. After she was finished we turned it over to two 6th year girls who had a game ready for the girls. It was a great get-to-know-you game that everyone seemed to enjoy. They then taught some camp songs, which was HILARIOUS. I video taped most of it and I think we are going to auction it off to the young men as our next fund raiser ;) We then turned off the lights and turned on our fake campfire (a lightbulb with some red plastic around it to look like flames) while a 5th year girl told scary stories (I felt bad for some of the scared, little Beehive girls!). We then had some dutch oven desserts, cleaned up and went home.

I think it went really well and the girls seemed to have a lot of fun and be excited about camp. It also helps that we are staying in tepees (not tents), have flush toilets, hot showers and 2 swimming pools at our disposal. I try! ;)

1 comment:

DEFRIEZ said...

I am glad it went well!!!