Friday, September 4, 2009

Cute girls!

The phone rang at about 3:30 this afternoon. It was a couple of 11 year-old girls in our neighborhood. They were wondering if Courtney could go over to their house and have a "fashion show" with them. We had plans for the night that weren't going to work with the fashion show so I told them that she wouldn't be able to. When I hung up, I was attacked by Courtney telling me that she wants to play with the big girls. After some thought, I mentally re-arranged our plans and called the girls back. (It actually worked out great because I had a meeting and didn't want to take the kids, so the girls watched Courtney until Bryan could pick her up and Ethan ended up at a friend's house too. It was a win-win). They asked that Courtney bring her 2 favorite dresses and be at their house at 4:00.

Courtney was so excited and picked out her two special dresses then we walked over. The girls were super cute and very excited to have Courtney over. A few other little girls showed up too. They curled Courtney's hair and put lip gloss on her. She got on one of her special dresses and was prancing around when Bryan showed up at 5:30 to pick her up. She was bummed because they had only just begun the fashion show, but we had plans.

When I caught up with my little family at the swimming pool, Courtney was all excited to tell me about her party with the big girls. It was cute and I thought it was sweet of those girls to do that for the little girls. There are plenty of little girls in the neighborhood to play dress-up with. I guess these 11 year-old girls found their real life Barbie dolls to play with and Courtney LOVED it.

No comments: