Courtney is a mini-me. This is good and bad. It's good because, as Bryan says, "We know that she'll turn out okay because look at you." But it's bad because I don't have the patience to deal with myself because I understand now that it isn't any big deal. But you can't tell that to a 4 year old.
Preschool was great the first day. Courtney popped right out of the van and was ready to go. But on Monday she wouldn't even get in the carpool van with her friends. She just screamed and held on tight saying she didn't want to leave me. I had kindergarten flashbacks in the worst way!! I completely understood how she was feeling. I drove her to preschool and, once again, she just popped right out of the van and ran inside.
But yesterday she, once again, wouldn't get in the carpool van. I drove her but this time she wouldn't let go of me. I took her into preschool and tried to get her to stop screaming but finally her teacher (who is wonderful!!) just grabbed her out of my arms, told me to wave goodbye and leave. I could still hear Courtney screaming when I drove away but she calmed right down and said she had the "bestest time" when she got home.
Dance class and Primary have now become the same way. When I asked her yesterday why she was so upset, she told me that she didn't want to leave me. I remember this well. I didn't need my mom's attention all the time, I just needed to have her around and know that she was there.
Anyway, I guess the Mother's Curse is REAL!!
2 comments:
My mom told me growing up all the time that she hopes I have a kid just like me. I always told her I hope I did too... :)Guess it isn't always a good thing.
Ahh, cute.
Post a Comment