She did it!! Courtney actually got into a car and went to preschool without throwing a fit or having me drive her! What a great day. Of course I did tell her that if she did well I would take her out for ice cream after preschool, but still...she went peaceably!!
Last Monday I tried the bribbery thing but it just didn't work, she screamed anyway and I ended up driving her. (They even had a Harry Potter movie ready for her in the van, but she only hesitated for a minute.) Monday afternoon, when it was time for dance class, I decided that this was a war worth fighting. Courtney was excited to go with her friend to dance class until she climbed into their truck...then she freaked out and began screaming. I gave her a hug, promised her that I wouldn't be sending her with anyone who wouldn't take care of her, told her I loved her and then held her down while the other mom buckled her in. She screamed, gave me one last hug and then, as they were pulling down the driveway, turned to the other little girl in the truck, stopped crying and said, "I love your hair today, it's so cute." Yeah, she didn't even cry until they were out of the driveway, so I think it was all a ploy!
Today I was ready to do battle again and had enlisted the mom driving to hold her down, but she just walked out the door and was happy. It helped that the little boy she just adores got out of the van and ran up to meet her. Having a cute escort doesn't hurt any situation ;)
Now...I just hope it lasts longer than today. But I don't really care because we're getting ice cream!!! (it's Golden Spoon, so it isn't bad for you) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment