Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cute Big Brother

Courtney was a bit upset to be left at home when Ethan went to the game last night but she got over it quickly when I started playing with her and reading her stories. But when it was time to go to bed she really missed her big brother. I promised to send him in when he got home and she went to bed happy.

When Ethan finally got home and was ready for bed, we both went into Courtney's room so he could give her a hug and a kiss. He leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the hand (she was laying on the far side of her bed and we didn't want to wake her up), a small hug and then he pulled her covers up on her and put her doll next to her. I thought it was so cute. When he turned around he had huge tears rolling down his cheeks. We walked out and I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I just love her so much and she is just so cute lying there asleep. I just love being part of this family and I love her so much."

I gave him a big hug and told him I was glad he is in our family too. What a sweet kid.

No comments: