Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Good Day

Thanks to everyone who sent me cards and messages on my birthday. Facebook makes you feel loved ;)

I am now half my Dad's age!!! I don't know which of us feels older at that statement. ;)

I had a great day. Monday night the kids started decorating my bedroom door with signs telling me "happy birthday mom...tomorrow" and things like that. It was really cute and I appreciated it. And my parents took us out to dinner Monday night to celebrate. I chose Olive Garden and thought I was safe from the singing waiters there. Halfway through out meal the table next to us had a birthday girl and they sang to her. Courtney figured out that you get a free dessert if it's your birthday and promptly told our waiter that it was my birthday. So they sang to me and all 6 of us shared some black tie cheesecake (the BEST!).

Breakfast in bed is our birthday tradition but you have to get up pretty early to make it truly breakfast in bed for either Bryan or me. So we got up at our regular time, did our morning routine, and after I got ready I put my pjs back on and climbed into bed while Bryan and the kids made crepes for me. They sang as they brought them in and Ethan even helped roll them up. They were delicious!

After Ethan went to school Courtney and I ran errands and got back in time for lunch. She napped (a great birthday present to me) while I did things around the house.

Bryan made me dinner (roast, potatoes and corn with rolls) and a cake (german chocolate). After dinner we had my parents over and my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Don for cake. It was great and I had a good day!

I got a solar oven from Bryan's parents and, wouldn't you know, it's supposed to be cloudy all week! But I can't wait to try it out.

No comments: