He hurried and changed into a jersey one of the young men in our ward who plays fot the team had given him last year and was off to the Brown's house. They gave Ethan beads to wear and offered to paint his face, but he isn't into that.
They had a great time at the game. At about 9:15 the phone rang (I had expected them home much earlier) from the mom who took them, who is my good friend. Snow Canyon won!!! Which meant that they had to go out for their traditional ice cream after the game. Ethan finally got home about 9:45 p.m.
Ethan said it was packed and there was "so much excitement!" He even gave me a report on how the game was played, "They were free throw masters!" And he even said it was like the closing scene in High School Musical 1 when the team wins and all the fans rush onto the court. He was in heaven.
He got ready for bed and I read him a page in a book then turned out his light. About 5 minutes later I kept hearing a bonk, bonk, bonk sound. I went into his room and he was laying on his bed with his light on throwing the basketball into the air and practicing shooting. It was cute, but it was also 10:00 at night! So he went right to bed but he had a great time!!
Here is a pose Ethan said he saw the players do after the game:
No comments:
Post a Comment