Friday, April 2, 2010

The Best Bread Ever!

I have been experimenting with sourdough bread lately and it has been great! I made my own starter that has been active for about 2 months now (I have "put it to sleep" a couple of times when I didn't want to mess with it, but I "woke it up" without a problem). I have learned that the longer you let it rise, or the more times you allow it to rise, the more pronounced the sourdough taste is. Case in point: When I forgot I was making bread and let it rise overnight, it was really strong sourdough bread! But, when I only let it rise one time the other day, it turned out not tasting like sourdough at all.

Ethan doesn't like sourdough bread and he loved the bread I made the other day because it wasn't made from "that weird stuff that sits on the counter." Little did he know!

Anyway, I was proud of myself and thought I would post a photo. This is the last of the 2 loaves I made on Wednesday. It was yummy!



If you want to try it yourself, here's the link for the info and recipes I use (the cinnamon rolls are to die for too!): http://whatscookingamerica.net/Bread/SourdoughStarter.htm

No comments: