We had a "Welcome to Relief Society" breakfast this morning at our house for the Laurels who will be graduating. This was a tradition in our ward in Las Vegas so I suggested it when I was called into the presidency in our ward now. We asked all the moms a few things about the girls, I made their favorite breakfasts (fruit, french toast and Cinnamon Life) and then we had them over to eat on our china. It was so fun. We got to know the girls better and they got to know us a bit more. We explained a little more about Relief Society and what each of our callings entails and then we gave them each a gift basket with a manual, bookmark, declarations, their favorite candy/treat/ice cream and a photo of their favorite temple. I think the girls liked it and I think they will have a good transition.
Here's our table (Bryan did a great job helping me get it ready and he was my clean up guy!):

I think it looked good, although I need one more place setting (I am one dinner plate and one goblet short but have 8 of everything else, go figure) and linen napkins would have been better. But it's a work in progress. Hopefully we will be able to do this again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment