Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ivins Stake Triathlon

This morning Bryan participated in our 1st Annual (which cracks me up because how can it be "annual" when it's the first one?!? ...moving on) Ivins Stake Triathlon. He enjoys swimming and has done that before for exercise and he rides his bike to work so he wasn't too worried about it.

Bryan rode his bike to Sand Hollow pool where the swimming part would be and was ready to go. He did really well on the swim (according to those who were watching since we didn't go down for that part) and jumped out of the pool, changed and hopped on his bike. At this point it was all over for his competition. He breezed past the 8 or 9 people in front of him (including his young men) and took the lead. We were at the Intermediate School by our house where the running part would be held and I was standing around shooting the breeze when a woman in my ward came up and told me how well Bryan was doing. I thanked her and continued yapping when she suddenly yelled, "Get over here Michelle, Bryan's coming in first!" So I ran over to take a photo of him on his bike and to yell "good luck" before he took off running.

Now...Bryan leaves the running to his sisters and his dad, he doesn't really like it and hadn't trained for it. He took off a good 3 or 4 minutes before the next man came in and about 6 or 7 minutes before the 1st young man from our ward biked in. But it was all over. We have a lot of the Snow Canyon High School boys soccer team in our ward and the young man who was 6 or 7 minutes behind Bryan ended up smoking all the competition and won easily. Bryan didn't do too shabby though. I think he was 4th in the men's division and 9th to cross the finish line. If it would have been a biathlon he would have won easily!

I'm so happy with how well he did. He's now napping ;)

Coming in on his bike:
Running across the finish line:

4 comments:

Mike and Lisa said...

GOOD JOB BRYAN!!!! Mine is coming up in June, if you can do then I can too! Hopefully....

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

Nice, we raced the same day. I did a tri this morning with the Varsity Scouts of San Diego. I didnt really run that well either, but managed to do okay. They are fun, we will have to do one some time. Mine was very mini. 200 yard swim, 8 mile bike and 2 mile run.

Shelley Pack said...

Way to go Bryan!

Christy said...

Very Impressive! You have had a busy spring with your cute family. I hope the fun continues for you.