Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm so embarrassing!

Bryan and I just went on a date to watch the new Harry Potter movie. I have read the books and loved them, so I was excited to see the movie. If you haven't seen the movie but are planning to, sorry if I give away a scary part. But here is what happened.

I jump in movies. I don't know why I do but I really jump in movies. I usually can tell when I'm getting tense and I am considerate enough to turn to Bryan and say, "I'm going to jump." I do this as an early warning system so he can be prepared to have him arm ripped off or some other form of bodily harm.

Tonight, during the scene in the old lady's house in Godric's Hollow I jumped when the snake continually attacked Harry. I jumped when Hermione struck the snake and it fell down the stairs. But I really jumped (and completely embarrassed Bryan by trying to shield myself with his body while screaming) when the snake came back over the landing and attacked. I wasn't expecting that!!

Bryan looked at my like I was crazy and couldn't believe that I had just freaked out that badly. In my defense, I had warned him previously that "I am going to jump." Apparently he hasn't ever seen me, in the 12 years we have been married, completely freak out at a movie.

The bad part was that because I freaked out so bad, we completely missed about 10 seconds of the movie and everyone else was laughing and we didn't get what had happened. Ugh! Bryan believes they were laughing at me. I don't think so.

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to watch the movie again and hope I don't freak out so I can see what happens after they strike the snake for the second time after it attacks them over the landing. Did that make sense?

1 comment:

Riss said...

I hate those stinking pop-ups. And those stinking snakes. I was looking at Scott so as to avoid the pop-up and it sounds like I was successful.