Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Break, Day 2

Today the kids slept in until 6:30 a.m. (I think). Hilarious! Bryan had made them a deal that he would clean their rooms on Friday/Saturday if they cleaned them really well on Thursday. So he spent about 2 minutes cleaning their rooms. They thought it was neat to have Dad clean their rooms but he got the better end of the deal since they were already clean.

Then we made our plan for the day! I pulled rank and decided that we wouldn't do anything until late morning because I needed to bottle some hamburger (don't knock it until you've tried it!). The kids had a free morning of painting wood, watching TV, playing outside and reading while I spent hours trying to figure out if the weighted gauge pressure canner was really up to pressure or not. Ugh! But it worked out.

We loaded into the van, got pizza, picked up Bryan and went to the Vernon Worthen Park to have a picnic. Since we hadn't unloaded all the sports stuff from the night before we were able to play catch and soccer. Bryan and Ethan made up a new game. Bryan had the football and Ethan had the soccer ball. Ethan would kick to Bryan at the same time that Bryan would throw the football to Ethan. It was pretty funny to watch. Courtney and I kicked the soccer ball back and forth. Then we had to take Bryan back to work.

We then went to use Ethan's coupons for Fiesta Fun. We had 2 free mini-golfing vouchers, a free bumper boat voucher and a free soft play voucher to use. So we took off for Fiesta Fun.

We decided to do the mini-golf first. Ethan is pretty good at golfing and takes it quite seriously....for the first few holes. By that time he realizes that Courtney is cheating and she is gaining on him so, since we don't keep score, he might as well cheat too. Courtney kind of just pushes her ball into the hole.

When we finished golfing (I made a hole in one!), we got Ethan's ticket for the bumper boat rides. There were only 2 other people going when he did but they all had a great time spraying each other and driving around. Ethan got caught under the fountain at one point and was completely soaked!! But he had a great time.

Then we went into building so Courtney could do the soft play. It was really for smaller kids so she got bored, but I cashed in $1 and got some tokens for them to use to play games. They ended up earning prizes. Courtney got some vampire fangs (to go with her costume) and Ethan got a glider and bracelet.
Then we went to Judd's Store (where I had never been) to get some ice cream. It is a fun old shop but I wasn't impressed with the ice cream I got.

We went by the Santa Clara Library on the way home to get some more books. Once we were home, I had just enough time to do some laundry.

We let the kids stay up to watch TV later than usual, although Courtney asked to go to bed earlier than Ethan because she was so tired.

It was a fun day!

No comments: