Courtney won the Lin's receipts drawing this morning so her teacher sent her to the office to pick up her prize. I think she must have gotten into the wrong line at the office (the tardy slip line) because while one secretary got her prize, the other secretary gave her a tardy slip. Courtney didn't know what it was for and what to do with it so she put it in her backpack with her prize.When she got home from school she brought the yellow slip to me and asked what it was (I think she knew but wanted confirmation). I told her and asked why she was late. This NEVER happens because the bus drops the kids off at school 20 minutes early so none of the bus kids are late unless they dally and don't go in when the bell rings. But our kids are very ... what's the word?...super-conscious of time and so they aren't late unless there is a real emergency or a really good reason.
When I asked Courtney why she had gotten a tardy slip she completely lost it. She started sobbing and yelling that she didn't know why she had gotten it because her teacher sent her to the office to get her prize and they gave her a prize AND a tardy slip. "What's up with that?!?!" she yelled.
I finally calmed her down enough to realize that it was just a misunderstanding and that it wasn't a big deal. One tardy is not going to break her record. I emailed her teacher just to make sure that I knew what had happened and she immediately emailed back saying that it was a big misunderstanding. The secretary shouldn't have given Courtney the tardy slip but Courtney was in the wrong line and the secretary was on auto-pilot. The teacher said that she didn't mark Courtney tardy so it wouldn't show up on her record. Courtney asked me to look up her record on Power School to make sure it didn't show but it did show up. Oh well. That's life.
I remember what it was like to be little and have something just devastate me. Poor girl. But by the time Bryan got home from work she was fine and proudly showing off her tardy slip. What a goof-ball!!
No comments:
Post a Comment