Saturday, May 19, 2012

Family Party

My parents and sister, Leigh Ann, had taken Courtney while we had Ethan's party.  They brought her back around 5 p.m. and we got ready for dinner and the family party.  We usually just get pizza and then open presents and have cake.  This year Ethan wanted a real birthday dinner.  He wanted steak, shrimp (breaded and "naked"), carrots, celery, strawberries, mashed potatoes with gravy and Sprite.  His wish was my command.  We had a great dinner!!

I breaded some shrimp and left some "naked."  Bryan grilled some steaks and we all sat on the patio and ate dinner.  It was a great afternoon and was so nice in the shade.  (We need to get a patio set so we can eat out there all the time!)

After dinner Ethan was too full to eat cake and ice cream so he opened presents.  He got a ripstick, some Wii games, Legos, helicopter and candy.  He was in heaven.  Then we had him sit down so we could sing to him and eat cake and ice cream.  He wanted a science cake so I tried to experiment.  I made the cake and then went and bought dry ice to make fog come from the top of it.  It worked out pretty well.

I think I needed a bigger cup to have the fog come out of and then it would have been more impressive, but it worked.
 I think, by his reaction, that he liked it!
 Present time!

No comments: