Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ripstick

 Ethan got a ripstick for his birthday.  There was a bit of controversy surrounding the ripstick.  I went online one day last month to order him a "green ripstick" like he wanted and Courtney was at the table coloring.  I found a good deal, bought the ripstick and had it shipped to our house.  Later that night Bryan overheard Ethan ask Courtney what he was getting for his birthday.  Courtney, being a good sister that she is, told him that we were giving him a green ripstick.  Ethan felt horrible!...as well he should have.

I was at a meeting so the next day Ethan came to me and confessed that he had gotten Courtney to tell him what he was getting for his birthday.  He felt really bad and apologized, swearing that he would never do it again!

Well, I am glad that I shop early for birthday and Christmas because by the time it was his birthday he had forgotten that he was getting a ripstick and was genuinely happy about it!  I can't believe how easily he has taken to riding it.  He never really got a hang of the skateboard he got a few Christmases ago, but he can ride this right out of the box.  Great for Ethan!!

I tried to ride it but Bryan told me that I was a generation too late to play with that toy.  It's just as well because I don't have the balance to ride a ripstick!



1 comment:

Christy said...

Yeah! I found you again. I lost your blog address awhile ago and haven't been able to check up on you.

You have been super busy! What a wonderful family you have. :)