Courtney really enjoys running. She gets this from the Pack side of the family because Omans don't run...we hike...insanely long distances...all in one day...but moving on.
Courtney loves running the Ironman Kids Fun Run. They call them Ironkids. She has run the 200 meter distance each year and loves it. We went downtown, got Courtney all signed in, met up with Bryan and then flew kites (or tried to but the wind was weird) until it was time for the race.
Bryan took Courtney to the starting point. She mentioned that she wanted Bryan to run it with her so Ethan, David (Bryan's brother) and I went to find places near the "official Ironman finish line" so we could watch her run.
It seemed to take FOREVER before they were ready but then it was a huge mass of kid bodies running to the finish line. I had the video camera going and had my still camera in my hand ready to take a picture...but we never saw her. I kept watching for Bryan but couldn't see him. After a few minutes they were getting ready to start the 1 mile run kids and we thought something must have happened to her.
Ethan, David and I went to our pre-decided meeting point and there was Courtney drinking her Gaterade with Bryan and a medal was around her neck. She had run so fast that she left Bryan in the dust and we missed her completely!! David said it best when we couldn't see her that "Not all three of us could have missed her" but I guess we did.
Here's some before and after photos:
No comments:
Post a Comment