Wednesday, September 26, 2012
The Best Book Report EVER!!
Ethan had another book report to do and he wanted to do something different. The book was "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." Ethan has been doing power points for his other reports so he wanted to do something different. He came up with the idea to pretend to be the characters from the book. So we had a lab coat and safety goggles left over from his birthday party, I made a bow tie and a screen and he made a script. He practiced what he would say (with a British accent) and how to he would present it. We got out Bryan's overcoat from his mission and I bought a cheap-o top hat at the party store. Ethan wanted to make a potion to take so he could change from Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde. I got Sprite and divided it into 3 beakers. I then put food coloring in each. I put a small cube of dry ice in a small container and he was set.
The ingredients for the potion:
When it was time for the book report, I took everything up to the school. I had made a screen from PVC pipe and a sheet so he could change from Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde. And then I let him take over. It was such a great idea and he did so well. He wasn't nervous and made everyone laugh. One kid even said, "This is so cool!" Ethan was on cloud 9.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment