Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Camping at Quail Creek

Last weekend was supposed to be our first family campout of the season but...my cousin, Connie, was going to be in Provo from Virginia for BYU graduation and I wanted to see her.  So we planned for Bryan to take the kids while I went to Provo.

We were nervous about them finding a camping spot on a Friday afternoon, so I called Zion to see if there were any spots.  It was free entry week so the park was full because you didn't have to pay to get in.  So I drove out to Red Cliffs to see if there was a spot there.  But it was full.  So I called Sand Hollow Reservoir...full also.  It was probably full of Ironman competitors getting acclimated.  So Bryan and I talked and decided that I should check out Quail Creek Reservoir, since I was already close by it.  They had camping spots.

I don't really like Quail Creek because there aren't shade trees, but the kids wanted to camp and we decided to try it out.  I reserved a spot, put our tent on the table to show we were there and then went back home.  Bryan had loaded the truck with camping things that morning so I dropped the kids off at his office then took off for Provo.

The kids had a lot of fun!!  Courtney helped Bryan set up the tent and Ethan made the fire.  They went camping, exploring and saw a snake in the camp site.  I was glad I wasn't there for that.



The camp site
The snake!
Happy kids in the morning

No comments: