Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Evening of the Arts

Usually, at the Santa Clara Elementary Evening of the Arts, we are there to watch the kids play the piano.  But this year Ethan opted out of participating and Courtney wanted to do a dance.  So we asked a teenaged girl in our ward, who is also in Pizazz, to choreograph a dance for Courtney.  When she had it choreographed, we went to her house and she taught the dance to Courtney and she also let me video tape the dance so we could practice at home.  Courtney worked really hard and was ready!!

The week before the Evening, we realized that she didn't have an outfit to wear so I went to DI and found a cute dress for $2.00 that would work.  Courtney loved it!

That evening, we did her hair all fancy, put a flower in it, got her in the nice dress with some dance shorts under it and we went to the school.  She was supposed to be 4th on the program, but another student wasn't ready to she went earlier.

Here is her dance:



When everyone in her group was finished, the woman in charge realized that Courtney's teacher had missed watching her dance.  So they asked Courtney to perform one more time so her teacher could see it.  She was a bit reluctant but then she warmed up and danced again.  It went really well and she had a great time.

Her dance review is coming up in May and Courtney asked if I would see if she could perform the dance at the review.  I thought there was no way her coach would let her but I sent her a quick email asking.  The coach was thrilled to put her on the program.  So now Courtney is doing a solo at the end of the year review for Pizazz in May.  I am pretty nervous but I'm sure she will do great!

Dressed up and ready to go...except for the slippers. ;)



No comments: